- Intake Silencer for Rotary PD Blowers: During their operation, Rotary Positive Displacement Blowers (Rotary PD’s) bring in ambient air in large amounts in a pulsating basis. The noise from this operation spreads into the surrounding environment creating an unacceptable noise level. Intake Silencers reduce these pulses and smooth out the air flow into the blower allowing for better operation and a quieter surrounding. Stoddard Silencers Intake Silencers are available in both standard and premium designs.
- Discharge Silencers for PD Blowers: Rotary PD’s discharge their air in large slugs into the adjoining piping system. These pulses result in an uneven air flow and can cause failure in adjacent equipment. Stoddard Silencers Discharge Silencers smooth out the pulses to +/- 1% of absolute line pressure thus protecting the downstream equipment and providing a quieter operation of the blower. Stoddard Silencers Discharge Silencers are available in both standard and premium designs.
- Intake and Discharge Silencers for Centrifugal Blowers: Centrifugal blowers use numerous blades spinning at high speeds to produce the air flow required by their users. These spinning blades create a high frequency noise that is very objectionable to those in the surrounding environment. Stoddard Silencers Centrifugal Silencers absorb this noise using suitable acoustic material to provide a more acceptable noise level for the blower package.
- Intake and Discharge Silencers for Industrial Fans: Industrial fans use blades of different styles to provide low pressure, high volume air flow. These fans also provide objectionable noise levels. The challenge for Fan Silencers is to provide proper noise control while not creating unacceptable back pressure on the fan. High back pressure lowers the fan’s efficiency requiring higher speeds to provide air flow in acceptable ranges.
- Vent Silencers for Centrifugal Compressor By-pass: Centrifugal compressors run almost non-stop. When the requirement for air is reduced excess air is bled off and vented to atmosphere so the compressor does not go into surge condition. These vents create a highly objectionable noise level that can damage the hearing of those operating nearby. Stoddard Silencers fabricates varied designs of silencers to handle the smallest to the largest Centrifugal Compressor requirements.
- Vent Silencers for Safety Relief and Control Valves: Safety Relief and Control Valves are used in gas and steam applications where the media is vented to atmosphere while under high pressure. Such venting creates noise levels that can travel great distances and disturb the surrounding communities. Stoddard Silencers has a proprietary program that can select the proper silencer to meet your noise specification no matter what the level or where the location.
- Intake and Discharge Silencers for Dry Vacuum Pumps: Dry vacuum pumps are normally Rotary PD Blowers. At higher levels of vacuum, a jet port is often used to inject cooling air into the blower to allow it to pull higher vacuum levels. In these cases silencers are required for both the discharge and the jet port. The silencers used are the same as for pressure systems with the caveat of having sufficient volume in the Discharge Silencer to effectively remove low frequency pulses which can travel for miles.
- Intake and Discharge Silencers for Wet Vacuum Pumps: Vacuum pumps such as water injected Rotary PD’s and water ring vacuum pumps require silencers that can not only reduce the discharge noise from the pump but also separate the water from the air. Stoddard Silencers manufactures several grades of Separator Silencers for this purpose. Separation can be either 95% of the free water or 99% of the free water when measured at 100% relative Humidity.
- Inline Air Filters, Intake Air Filters and Intake Filter Silencers: To properly protect the blowers on which our silencers are installed, Stoddard Silencers designs and manufactures several different filtration assemblies. For lower air flows filters requiring cartridge filter elements are popular. For larger airflows, a panel filter design can be used. Where additional silencing is required Intake Filter Silencers are designed to take care of those applications.